Principal areas of scientific research:
- experimental study of thermodynamic properties of compounds by means of e.m.f.- and calorimetry methods;
- phase and chemical equilibrium computations, constructing of phase diagrams in multicomponent systems both in stable and metastable states;
- developing mathematic methods and software packages for thermodynamic simulations;
- thermodynamic simulations of technology processes for production and exploitation of new materials to predict conditions of their stability and interaction with surrounding species;
- creating selfconsistent thermodynamic data bases for material science and technology of functional and constructional ceramics, metallic alloys, high-temperature superconductors, semiconductors and other materials;
- investigation of thermodynamic properties and phase equilibria in water solutions of organic and inorganic substances.