Liquids 2017, the 10th Liquid Matter Conference
The conference (organized jointly by the Jožef Stefan Institute and the University of Ljubljana in Ljubljana, Slovenia) will be held from July 17 through 21 2017 at the Cankarjev dom Cultural and Congress Centre in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Previous conferences in the series were hosted by Lyon (1990), Florence (1993), Norwich (1996), Granada (1999), Konstanz (2002), Utrecht (2005), Lund (2008), Vienna (2011) and Lisbon (2014).
The purpose of the conference is to review recent advances in experimental, theoretical, and applied studies in the liquid state of matter, bringing together researchers working in the physics and chemistry of liquids as well as in several closely related fields such as soft condensed matter and biophysics.
The conference will open Monday morning July 17 2017 and close around lunchtime on Friday July 21 2017. The conference will consist of plenary lectures and of topical symposia including keynote lectures, contributed oral presentations, and poster sessions.
- Ionic Liquids and Liquid Metals
- Water and Solutions
- Liquid Crystals
- Polymers, Polyelectrolytes, Biopolymers
- Films, Foams, Surfactants, Emulsions
- Confined Fluids and Interfacial Phenomena
- Supercooled Liquids, Glasses, and Gels
- Driven Systems, Rheology and Nanofluidics
- Active Matter
- Biological and Biomimetic Fluids
- Abstract submission opens – October 2016
- Abstract submission deadline – February 1 2017
- Notification of acceptance – March 31 2017
- Early registration deadline – April 30 2017
- Author registration deadline – April 30 2017
- Accommodation booking deadline – May 15 2017
- Registration and welcome – July 16 2017
- Conference – July 17-21 2017