4th Central and Eastern European Conference on Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (CEEC-TAC4)
The Central and Eastern European Committee for Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry invites you to participate at its fourth conference (CEEC-TAC4) which will be held between 28th and 31st of August 2017 in Chisinau/Kishinev, Republic of Moldova.
The ever growing community of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry scientists working in the Central and Eastern European countries makes the organization of a conference and gathering all those interested in the development of the field a desirable event.
Central and Eastern European Conference on Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (CEEC-TAC, www.ceec-tac.org) has become a forum where researchers can meet, present their work, explain their results and discuss the encountered scientific and technical problems of theoretical & applied thermal sciences.
Every two years, CEEC-TAC aims to gather scientists from Central and Eastern Europe, mainly from the area described by the following countries: Germany and Austria to Russia and Kazakhstan, and from Scandinavia & the Baltic countries to the Balkans, Turkey & the Caucasians. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd CEEC-TAC meetings were held in Craiova – Romania (September 2011), in Vilnius – Lithuania (August 2013) and in Ljubljana – Slovenia (August 2015), and gathered more than 300 participants each time.
Our conference invites researchers, in the field of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry from all over the world, to share experience and knowledge with those working in complementary fields or just using thermo-analytical techniques. Besides the regular conference, we organize working sessions where in a relaxed and informal environment the participants can discuss about their plans and needs, thus fostering new contacts and further collaborations.
The 4th Central and Eastern European Conference on Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry (CEEC-TAC4) is jointly organized with the 26th Symposium on Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry-Eugen Segal of the Commission for TA&C of the Romanian Academy (CATCAR26), and 1st Symposium on Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry of the Commission for Working Group for TA&C of ASM (MoldTAC1). Two workshops will take place during CEEC-TAC4: 1) Kinetics and Lifetime Prediction of Materials; 2) Thermophysical Aspects of Ceramics Materials and Surfaces.
For the 4th CEEC-TAC conference (28th – 31th of August 2017) we have chosen the city of Chisinau, the capital of Republic of Moldova, which is the cross-point of various nations and of different cultures that blended together.
- Kinetics and catalysis.
- Thermophysical properties and thermal reactivity of solids.
- Metals, alloys, intermetallics & high temperature materials
- Thermally stimulated processes in ceramics. Nanomaterials and thermoelectrics.
- Thermal investigation of thin films and other minute materials.
- Functional soft inorganic, organic and macromolecular materials.
- Thermochemistry and calorimetry.
- Thermodynamics of biomolecules; from stability to interactions.
- Polymers, Biomaterials, Pharmaceuticals and Cosmetics.
- The Environment and Green technologies. Alternative clean sources for energy.
- Combustion, fuels & biofuels. Materials for energy conversion and storage.
- Energetic materials, thermal hazards & fire safety.
- Advanced materials processing and applied thermal engineering.
Composites in extreme conditions and environments.
- Instrumentation and theory; coupled, complementary and alternative techniques: sample controlled thermal analysis, microcalorimetry, emanation thermal analysis, nanoTA, PulseTA, laser pyrolysis, thermochromatography, etc.
- Thermal analysis and calorimetry in life sciences, natural products, food, fertilizers, soils, geosciences, forensics, textiles and arts.
- Kinetics and Lifetime prediction of materials.
- Thermophysical Aspects of Functional Ceramics and Surfaces (Special TA&C techniques, Phase transitions, Thin films, Nanomaterials, Dynamic processes in Electroceramic materials, Thermoelectrics, Diffusional processes in solids)
- Early bird registration: by 1st of May 2017
- Payment of early bird registration fee: by 1st of May 2017
- Abstract submission and registration: 1st of April 2017 – 1st of June 2017
- Abstract submission deadline: 1st of June 2017
- Abstract acceptance notification: by 20th of June 2017
- Payment of the regular registration fee deadline: by 10th of July 2017
- Payment of the late registration fee or of the onsite registration fee: after 10th of July 2017
There will be included in the book of abstracts and Program of the conference only those works for whom their presenting authors have paid the registration fee no later than 10th of August 2017.
Short course on Thermal analysis and calorimetry (ASM): 28th of August 2017 (9:00-16:30)
Registration of participants at CEEC-TAC4 (ASM): 28th of August 2017 (14:30-17:30)
Opening ceremony of CEEC-TAC4 at (ASM): 28th of August 2017 (18:00-19:00)
Plenary lecture: Boris L’Vov, Russia: 28th of August 2017 (19:00-20:00)
Welcome Cocktail (ASM): 28th of August 2017 (20:00 – 22:00)
Conference sessions (ASM): 29th, 30th and 31th of August 2017 (9:00)
Conference closing (ASM): 31th of August 2017 (18:00)