29th European Symposium on Applied Thermodynamics (ESAT-2017)
In the long tradition of the European Symposium on Applied Thermodynamics, ESAT 2017 will bring together researchers from academia and industry from all over the world. Among others, the conference aims to cover new experimental achievements, prediction of thermophysical properties of complex systems, molecular and statistical thermodynamics, molecular modeling and simulation.
The recent efforts in the various fields have resulted in models, methods, tools, insights and data that allow not only solving academic problems but also contribute substantially to industrial research and process/product design and development.
The conference offers unique opportunities to gain a state of the art overview of the various topics and to create new scientific interactions and collaborations. Plenary lectures, oral presentations in parallel sessions and poster sessions will take place.
The ESAT conference is organized in cooperation with the Working Party on Thermodynamics and Transport Properties: the EFCE Excellence award will be granted on that occasion to an young researcher who has contributed significantly to the field, and a special session will be hosted on Teaching Thermodynamics.
- Phase equilibria & transport properties (experimental & modelling)
- Molecular & statistical thermodynamics
- Agrochemicals & biomass
- Alternative solvents, Supercritical fluids
- Biological systems & health
- Carbon capture & storage
- Colloids, surfactants & interfacial phenomena
- Environment, sustainability & risk management
- Food & functional food processing
- Gas & oil (downstream and upstream), petrochemicals, hydrofracking
- Marine & saline systems & processes
- Materials (polymers, metals, inorganic solids, liquid crystals)
- Nanoscience & nanotechnology
- Novel reaction & separation technologies (e.g., ionic liquids, electrolyte systems, membranes, gas hydrates)
- Pharmaceuticals & cosmetics
- Product & process design
- Renewable energy/Alternative energy resources & storage
- Teaching Thermodynamics
- Aug. 19, 2016 – Abstract submission opens
- Dec. 1, 2016 – Registration opens
- Jan. 31, 2017 – Abstracts new deadline
- Feb 5. , 2017 – Notification of acceptance
- Feb. 15, 2017 – Early bird registration deadline
- Apr. 15, 2017 – Online registration deadline
- May 18, 2017 – Start of ESAT 2017
- including 3 nights’ accommodation in single room 5* – € 810
- including 3 nights’ accommodation in double room 5* – € 680
- student including 3 nights’ accommodation in double room 5* – € 590
- student including 3 nights’ accommodation in double room 4* – € 545
- accompanying person – € 560
After February 15, 2017, fees will be increased by 15%.